Associate Director Co-Sec
This role reports to the Managing Director of NSM Funds UK in London.
- Manage the Funds Company Secretarial team alongside the Managing Director making a significant contribution to the team.
- Acting as a primary point of contact ensuring a high level of client service delivery is always provided, whilst always meeting regulatory, corporate governance and company law requirements.
- Liaising directly with clients understanding their specific / bespoke requirements.
- Work with the Managing Director of NSMFUK to set clear and defined targets in terms of the company secretarial team’s objectives.
- Provide guidance to members of the Company Secretarial team in regard to client matters and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Adhering to internally set targets and externally set dates and timelines.
- Assisting more junior members of the team to adhere to the agreed scope of work and deadlines.
- Have a clear working understanding of all clients (and their structures) within the team and the task involved to provide the services.
- Understanding of client corporate governance principles and be able to adopt a professional yet commercial approach to the application of corporate governance within entities under administration.
- Provide support to colleagues in the Fund Administration team to ensure services are provided in the timelines required.
- Assist with the production and reviewing of internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with the production and ongoing reviewing of relevant internal checklists.
- Provide a professional and comprehensive Company Secretarial service to clients and their respective Boards.
- Arranging and attending client board, committee and shareholder meetings.
- Preparation of board packs for distribution in advance of board meetings.
- Providing new directors (NED’s) with induction training with respect to their obligations and the operational aspects of LSE listed investment companies.
- Liaison with Directors, Promoters, Investment Advisors and Shareholders to arrange relevant meetings and resolutions.
- Drafting minutes of client board, committee and shareholder meetings.
- Making statutory filings and regulatory notifications on behalf of clients.
- Generally maintaining the statutory records of client entities.
- Ensuring that Companies administered are operating within the scope of their Memorandum and Articles of Association, Matters Reserved for the Board, Committee Terms of Reference and Company Law obligations.
- Working knowledge of LSE Listing Rules and/or other appropriate exchanges.
- Understanding of other FCA applicable regulations including DTR and MAR.
- Maintaining meeting and corporate reporting schedules.
- Coordinating the production of Annual and Interim reports.
- Drafting of the corporate governance reports
- ICSA qualified with a minimum of 5 years proven experience supporting LSE listed investment companies (investment trusts, real estate investment trusts, VCT’s).
- Excellent client service credentials.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Can demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Proven IT skills.
- Experience of using Board communication portals such as Diligent, Virtual Boardroom, Board Intelligence etc.
- Ability to work using own initiative and maintaining the highest of standards at all times.